Even before we started our business I was a fan of the professional networking site - LinkedIn. In my sales & marketing focused roles I found it a great resource. I could connect with new and existing contacts and research people, topics and organisations.
Now I spend a lot more time on the platform as LinkedIn Services are an area Strategic Social Profiles specialise in. Each and every day I am shocked so many professional people and organisations don't make the most of the worlds largest social network. It's free. It has over half-a-billion members. And in the words of LinkedIn, its mission is to connect the world's professionals to make them more productive and successful.
What I don't think people realise is if their profile doesn't exist or if it isn't complete, it is still creating an impression of them. And it isn't good.
What Does An Incomplete LinkedIn Profile Say About You?
- It's doesn't create the best first impression. A prospective client searches for you, you don't have a headshot, your work experience is incomplete. They wanted to get to know a bit about you and your expertise. You haven't made it easy for them and they'll be disappointed by the lack of detail.
- You don't want to be found. We do everything online. Book holidays, self-diagnose, find love and our next career move - you name it we find all our answers online. So if you can't be found online does that mean you've got something to hide?
- You find it hard to tell your professional story. After working with so many clients I think writing about yourself is up there with a fear of public speaking. But if your LinkedIn Summary is blank or simply lists all your jobs, you're missing the chance to tell people what you're great at and what value you bring your organisation and potentially theirs.
The 5 Areas You Want To Get Right On LinkedIn Are:
- Contact details
- A professional headshot
- A complete & tailored summary that tells your professional story
- Make the most of your headline
- Include and update skills to reflect your current experience
If you need help with LinkedIn Services Strategic Social Profiles can help. It's what we do, create social media profiles for busy professionals and small business.
Creating Strategic Social Profiles for busy professionals and small business.
Strategic Social Profiles write a regular blog to provide professionals and small business owners with collated information of all things social media. We strive to share our experience and knowledge and assist our readers on how to Social It Yourself and reap the benefits from effective social media. We provide ongoing tips, e-books, infographics and insights to help Small Business Owners.